DCU Educational Trust (via Balmer Recruitment Ltd.)
DCU Educational Trust was founded in 1988 to raise funds to support the mission and vision of DCU, and to steward those donations. The Trust is currently engaged in a €75m Campaign: Shaping the Future.
The Associate Director builds private financial support on behalf of DCU from a target audience of organisations and individuals (both alumni and others). The Associate Director reports to the Director of Development and works closely with the Chief Executive, Director of Principal Gifts and other team members in order to generate private financial support for DCU.
The role holder:
- will undertake face-to-face meetings with individuals, corporations and occasionally trusts and foundations in order to establish a relationship with DCU and to secure philanthropic and other private funding (e.g. sponsorship). Meeting targets will be set, as will financial targets (based on experience and prospect portfolio).
- will, in addition to working with established lists of donors and potential donors, generate their own leads in order to identify, cultivate and solicit individuals and organisations.
- drafts and oversees the development of funding proposals to individual and corporate prospects including the coordination of the information (budgets, materials, evaluation reports, etc.) to support grant requests.
- oversees (and on occasion drafts) the creation of stewardship reports for donors, including the coordination of all relevant materials.
- may be assigned to manage individual fundraising projects (e.g. a scholarship programme or academic project)and to coordinate the donor engagement strategies required to reach specific fundraising targets.
- offers guidance in establishing and implementing a wide range of advancement policies and procedures for individual corporate and foundation donors.
- may be involved in the planning and implementation of major activities to support fundraising initiatives including events, communications and publications and advisory boards.
- stewards the necessary relations with current donors and prospects to promote their involvement with the university, keeping the institution name and achievements alive in the minds of individuals, corporate and foundation executives and board members.
- collaborates with staff from various units within the university, developing projects attractive to private funding. The role holder is responsible for developing, in concert with the development team and team leaders, a sound strategy, development plan and set of procedures, to ensure good working relationships between the Educational Trust and that unit and to insure the efficient pursuit of private funding.
- records all contacts, actions and donations into the central fundraising database - Raiser’s Edge.
Education and Experience:
- Third level qualification in appropriate field.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience working within a fundraising or not for profit environment, ideally in face-to-face fundraising.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience working in business development, sales or account management.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience working with and influencing individuals at senior levels.
- Strong people interaction skills with experience in building and fostering long term relationships.
- High degree of planning and organisational skills; managing a number of projects concurrently with a proven ability to carry out different tasks simultaneously, excellent time management and utilising resources accordingly.
- Attention to detail
- High degree of computer literacy
- Team work
- Full clean driver’s license and access to private transport preferred
Annual Leave: 24 days.
After the completion of one year continuous service, employees of the Trust are entitled to join the DCU Educational Trust Pension and avail of the gratis Annual Employee Health Screening Check-Up
The DCU Educational Trust is an equal opportunities employer
This position offers the successful candidate a fixed term contract of 3 years.
Please send your CV accompanied by an email cover letter for the attention of Gilly Balmer by email to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm on Friday 16th February.