FUNDRAISING EVENTS COORDINATOR
Cystic Fibrosis Ireland is currently seeking to recruit a Community Events & Branch Coordinator to join their dynamic team on a permanent basis to coordinate fundraising events and drive participation and support from CFI branches.
Reporting to the Fundraising Manager, the successful individual will manage and develop campaigns as well as supporting all events organised by volunteers and other sources of income.
- Project management of key community events to include - 65 Roses Day, Malin2Mizen Cycle 4CF, Head2Head Walk
- Recruitment for overseas challenges to include – Paris2Nice, NYC Marathon, London Marathon, Kilimanjaro Treks etc.
- Act as main point of contact and provide support for Volunteer led / branch led fundraising events – providing fundraising materials, advice, permits, lodging monies etc.
- Build a relationship with Volunteers ensuring an enjoyable and rewarding experience by supporting them fully and thanking them for funds raised
- Regular liaison with the digital marketing coordinator to secure recruitment for events and provision of support in relation to design of promotional materials for fundraising events
- Fundraising communications pre and post event
- Ongoing recruitment of Volunteers for community events through bulk communications, social media, PR and media promotion.
- Assist in media planning, PR and press activities to include securing “celebrity ambassadors” for headline events
- Effective and accurate recording, reporting and database tracking of Volunteer participants
- Assist with financial recording/receipting and budgeting
- Issue of fundraising materials, sponsorship cards and t-shirts to event participants
- Post event reviews and planning for future events
- Support use of online fundraising platforms to fundraise by participants in events / Volunteers such as Just Giving, Everyday Hero and iDonate.
- Develop and build relationships with the key contacts in each of the 20 CFI branches around the country
- Work closely with the Fundraising Manager to secure corporate partnerships and sponsorship for events, recruiting corporate teams for events and organising dedicated corporate fundraising events
- Maintain and nurture excellent relationships with corporate partners, sponsors and supporters
- Record and monitor corporate income, including employee giving and matching gifts from employers and Charity of the Year income on Raisers Edge
- Support the implementation of the Fundraising Strategy and work plan focusing particularly on Community Events and Branches
- Work towards the fundraising target set by the Fundraising Manager
- Project manage and oversee events and initiatives that may involve travel and out of hours work
- Minimum 2 years previous experience working within an events fundraising role
- Proven track record of meeting fundraising targets
- Full clean driving licence and access to own transport
- Third level qualification in Marketing/Communications/Event Management desirable
- Experience running fundraising events including recruitment of participants across different media (traditional and digital)
- Proven ability to build, manage and develop key stakeholder relationships
- Experience in Volunteer recruitment and retention
- Good knowledge and experience of community fundraising and charity fundraising in general
- Strong project management and team-playing skills with an ability to manage multiple projects concurrently
- High class communication and interpersonal skills
- €33,000 - €35,000 DOE (Depending on Experience)
- Time off in Lieu for time at fundraising events outside of office hours
- Contributory Pension
- Support for Training
- 20 days
To apply, please submit your CV in addition to an email cover letter to Gilly Balmer of Balmer Recruitment Ltd. to email@example.com Friday 17thAugust at 5pm.