Balmer Recruitment Ltd. has been retained by Focus Ireland to recruit a suitably qualified Major Gifts Executive within their Fundraising Team on a full-time, permanent basis.
Based in Christchurch, Dublin 8, and reporting to the Philanthropy Officer, this role is of strategic importance to the development of the Major Gift strategy in Focus Ireland. The position has responsibility for acquiring new members to Focus Ireland's giving circles and stewarding them through a bespoke donor journey including a series of events, meetings and other communications working closely with the Partnership & Philanthropy Team and Fundraising Director.
This role requires sales or development experience, networking skills, research skills, proven project and event coordination skills, and strong attention to detail.
- Responsibility for the development of Focus Ireland’s giving circles (e.g. Women’s Philanthropy Circle) in line with their Major Gift Strategy in order to achieve financial targets.
- Represent and act as an ambassador of Focus Ireland at all times. Working with all members of the fundraising team, and the Director of Fundraising and Partnership & Philanthropy Manager to develop the giving Circles.
- Responsibility for the delivery of fundraising targets as a key member of the Major Gift team.
- This role will utilise proven research skills and strategic techniques to support major gifts identification, activity and cultivation of potential major donors and where appropriate to assist in the recruitment of volunteer leaders.
- Conduct research, briefings and major gifts request meetings in conjunction with relevant Focus Ireland leaders, staff and external leaders.
- Manage the cultivation and stewardship of the donor portfolio and to put appropriate systems in place to manage this effectively.
- Experience in event, project and budget management.
- To manage donor meetings and roll out recruitment and cultivation events such as Focus Ireland’s Women’s Philanthropy Circle.
- To work closely with the Strategic Digital and Marketing Manager in relation to content, branding and profile.
- Ensure high quality, timely and accurate completion of gift acknowledgements, mailings and invitations.
- Development of on-going high quality campaign materials as required.
- To compile and share reports / performance analysis / identify areas for leverage and opportunity.
- Develop an understanding of Focus Ireland programmes and projects so as to be adept at matching their work to prospective supporters.
- Research proposals and impact reports tailored to the requirements of individual partners working closely with Services, Communications and Finance to gather accurate information, resources, case studies and funding requirements.
Focus Ireland is an equal opportunities employer
- Degree in relevant discipline
- 3 years’ experience in fundraising /business development
- Strong research skills
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Able to work to, and deliver on financial targets
- Understanding of major giving, trust/foundation or corporate giving development or delivering significant financial fundraising results
- Excellent attention to detail and strong ability to work off own initiative
- Strong communication skills with internal and external stakeholders
- Good donor database experience, and analytical skills
- Strategic planning and strong project coordination skills
- Good understanding of the sector, giving and donor behavior and insights
***Please Note - Closing date for applications - Friday 15th June at 12pm***
To apply, please submit your CV and cover letter by email to email@example.com for review.