The Priory Institute based in Tallaght, Dublin 24, was founded under the auspices of the Dominican Order in Ireland in 2001. The Institute’s principal focus is on the teaching of theology and it operates as a private college, offering programmes in theology and related topics in a blended format of online and classroom teaching. Currently they seek to recruit an Academic Executive to join their team on a 3-year fixed-term contract basis.
The purpose of the job is to provide professional executive support to the Academic Council. This is a brand new role requiring development and refinement and presents a special career development opportunity for the successfully appointed person.
The Academic Council is the internal guardian of the Institute’s academic standards and reputation.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work closely with the Chairman and members of the Academic Council to ensure effective and efficient planning and structure of the work of the Council
- Coordinate the maintenance and development of the Council’s Academic Programmes
- Provide executive assistance to the Council in developing, maintaining and reviewing its short and medium term work schedules
- Maintain comprehensive records of the Council’s work including that of sub-committees, working groups etc.
- Preparation of development of draft documents, editing and formatting final versions of such documents
- To commission, on behalf of the Academic Council, work to be undertaken by persons / organisations external to the Council and maintain close liaison with those commissioned to ensure timely delivery of required output
- Provide advice, support and guidance to new members of the Academic Council, to newly appointed academic tutors etc.
- Maintain liaison and effective working relationships between the Academic Council and the relevant officers of the Institute of Technology, Tallaght and such other accrediting bodies as my be associated with The Priory Institute
- To ensure the Director and colleagues of the Institute’s staff are fully briefed on the ongoing work of the Council.
- Provide support to the development, launch and ‘beddin-in’ of new academic programmes.
Required Skills / Qualifications:
- Postgraduate qualification in theology / closely related discipline
- Appropriate research experience
- Experience working within academic administration
- Present cogently and fluently in writing and orally, and be capable of presenting accurate and well developed drafts which assist the Academic Council, enabling it to concentrate on assuring the academic quality and consistency of the Institute’s programmes
- A deep understanding and empathy with the Dominican ethos
- Energetic, determined and diplomatic, and capable of addressing difficulties in a positive, calm and reassuring manner.
Salary negotiable depending on experience
To apply, please submit your CV and cover letter by email to Gilly Balmer at the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org