DAISYHOUSE HOUSING ASSOCIATION is a 28-year-old registered charity and Approved Housing Body supporting women (and more recently men) out of homelessness. This is achieved through the provision of Supported Temporary Accommodation with uniquely tailored individual Personal Support Programmes to those who are homeless for 18 month periods so they can break the cycle of homelessness and be empowered to move forward to independent sustainable and safe living.
Chief Executive Officer
Chairman of Daisyhouse Housing Association Board
Chairman and members of the Daisyhouse Housing Association Board of Trustees
To manage the overall operations and resources of the organization, and to act as the main point of contact between the Board of Directors and organisational operations. The CEO sets the vision and tone of the organization in addition to dealing with overall strategy and direction of growth.
Leadership & Management
- Recruitment of qualified staff to implement and execute the Daisyhouse programmes.
- Lead, develop, motivate and retain staff ensuring health and safety are protected at all times
- Ensure transparency and governance of all Daisyhouse activities.
- Ensure strategic goals and objectives are created, met and are ambitious, challenging and realistic
- Determine fiscal budgets, set and adhere to strict budgets.
- Manage and secure the organisation’s operational budget and financial resources and procedures
- Prepare and present budgets/reports to Board
- Work with Auditor to finalise year-end accounts
- Property acquisition when required, renovation and management
- Ensure all properties meet necessary legal regulations
- Securing and working with Ambassadors, Patron etc.
- Working with Board to ensure Governance and Compliance
- Continue to raise profile of DHA in public domain
- Ensure best practice policies and procedures are in place in all aspects of Daisyhouse’s business.
- Ensure highest quality programmes and best practice are provided for service users.
- Ensure necessary infrastructures are in place to enable the implementation of stable, cost effective systems that effectively support growth and capacity building.
- Risk mitigation and management.
- Manage M&E procedures to ensure that relevant data is captured and that all services provided are monitored and evaluated to ensure quality of service.
- Update and review existing programmes with Senior Support Team, update, implement and enhance as appropriate.
- Ensure the safety and welfare of all residents and staff.
- Review, update and implement systems to ensure that Daisyhouse has an integrated system for growth and sustainability.
Fundraising & Campaign Leadership
- Secure sustainable financial funding streams
- Generate, secure and manage restricted and unrestricted funding and provide transparent financial reports to funders/stakeholders
- Secure and expand funding streams, partnerships and sponsorships to increase sustainable funding through relationship creation and strengthening, development and sustainability with/through Government, major gifts, corporates, individual giving, trusts and foundations and events.
- Increase political awareness and lobby for DHA according to organisational strategy.
- Ensure excellent relationships with existing partners. Create and develop new partnerships.
- Increase level of volunteers and their engagement.
Experience and Knowledge
- People first approach
- Experience in working with people with complex challenges
- Educated to a third level qualification preferred
- Demonstrated leadership, strategic and tactical problem solving skills, and direction setting abilities, with proven capability to shape and develop policy and process
- Substantial and proven fundraising experience
- Robust track record of Board reporting and volunteer committee management
- Highly sophisticated communication, influencing and networking skills and relationship building capability
- Significant senior management experience gained in a charity / not for profit environment
- Experience of successful budget setting and management, and demonstration of sound financial acumen
- Proven experience of managing donor relationship which require a bespoke approach and a high level of judgment
- Good knowledge of corporate governance and practices
- Charismatic and inspiring leadership style
- A goal oriented thinker who is energized by finding innovative approaches to their work
- Ability to identify, leverage and maximize on potential engagement opportunities
- Strong commercial acumen with the ability to work at both the strategic and tactical level
- Persistent and resilient with an open mind
- Good sense of humour and ability to work collaboratively with committed staff
- Competitive basic salary on offer
- Additional staff benefits include pension (5% contribution)
- Travel by car conducted whilst on business will be paid at Civil Service rates per mile
- Phone and laptop provided
- On-street car parking available
- Annual leave: 25 days
- Please contact Balmer Recruitment Ltd for further details
How to Apply
- A comprehensive curriculum vitae giving details of relevant achievements in recent posts as well as your education and professional qualifications
- A covering letter that summarises your interest in this post, providing evidence in your ability to match the criteria outlined in the Person Specification.
- Details of your latest salary, notice period and names of 2 referees, together with a brief statement of the capacity in which they have known you and an indication of when in the process they can be contacted (please note we will not contact your referees without your express permission)
- Telephone contact numbers (preferably daytime and evening/mobile) which will be used with discretion.
The applicants with the most relevant experience will be invited to have initial exploratory discussions with Gilly Balmer at Balmer Recruitment Ltd. for first round interviews.
Second round interviews with Daisyhouse Housing Association are scheduled to take place in late March / early April, ahead of panel interviews in early / mid April
Closing Date for applications is 9:00am on Friday 2nd March 2018.
Please send your application to Gilly Balmer by email to email@example.com