Community Events & Digital Marketing Coordinator
The Community Events & Digital Marketing Coordinator is responsible for coordinating Cystic Fibrosis Ireland (CFI) fundraising events as well as driving participation in events and fundraising income via Digital Marketing.
They will manage and develop existing campaigns as well as supporting and developing other Community Events and other Fundraising Income including Corporates, Legacy Giving, and CFI Products etc.
The Fundraising Manager with overall responsibility to the Chief Executive Officer.
Based in the CF Ireland offices in Rathmines, Dublin 6, following normal full-time working hours (35 hours/week). Time flexibility and travel required as there is some evening and weekend work expected as part of the role for which time off in lieu is allowed.
- Manage some key Community Events including:
- 1 in 1000 (VHI Women’s Mini Marathon)
- The CFI International Walk
- Dublin City Marathon
- Various other Community Events
- Digital Marketing for fundraising to include recruitment for events through social media channels, text alerts and bulk email. Managing the Text Donate facility as well as other online fundraising platforms such as Just Giving, Everyday Hero and iDonate.
- Fundraising communications pre and post events
- Ongoing recruitment of volunteers for Community Events.
- Working with the Fundraising Manager to secure corporate sponsorship for events, recruiting corporate teams for events and organising dedicated corporate FR events
- Design of promotional materials for fundraising campaigns and appeals
- To identify opportunities for new CFI fundraising events
- Manage other fundraising income streams such as legacy giving and CFI products
- Raisers Edge – record income, issue thank you letters, extract mailing lists, target volunteers and donors etc.
- General assistance across Fundraising Team
- Project manage and implement key community events for CFI.
- Recruit participants through bulk communications, social media, PR and media promotion.
- To input and assist in the media planning, PR and press activities including securing “celebrity ambassadors” for the headline events working with PR & Communications staff in-house and external PR Consultant.
- Effective and accurate recording, reporting and database tracking of volunteer participants, including follow-up communications post-event.
- Assist with financial recording/reporting/receipting and budgeting.
- Secure sponsorship where required for events.
- Liaising with suppliers/designers/printers to obtain fundraising materials.
- Issue of fundraising materials, sponsorship cards and t-shirts to event participants.
- To ensure money raised comes back in timely manner and is receipted and thanked.
- Post event reviews and planning for future events.
- To assist the Fundraising Manager with securing corporate partnerships and sponsorships where required.
- Maintain and nurture excellent relationships with corporate partners, sponsors and supporters.
- Recording and monitoring of corporate income, including employee giving and matching gifts from employers and Charity of the Year income on Raisers Edge.
- To work with the Fundraising Manger to ensure appropriate and relevant communications are issued to corporate partners.
- To attend, as needed, cheque presentations by corporate partners as CFI fundraising representative.
- Liaise with sponsors, printers, suppliers and other third parties as required to support the promotion of successful events.
- Design CFI fundraising banners and posters for website/Facebook and other communications using In Design software.
- Ensure communications with community fundraisers is of the highest standard and maximises income opportunities for CFI.
- To maximise social media opportunities through CFI Facebook, twitter and Instagram accounts and ensure daily and efficient updates.
- Working with the Fundraising Manager to enhance and develop Donor Care processes and communications on an ongoing basis
- Use Raisers Edge to develop segmented communications for different fundraising events to maximise recruitment and donations.
- Liaise with the “text donate” provider to review and maintain the text donate facility, monitor income and to ensure we stay in line with data protection guidelines and ComReg requirements.
- Secure testimonials from CF Community as required to support fundraising campaigns
- Updates on upcoming Fundraising Events and Thank You’s in Quarterly Newsletter
- To support the implementation of the Fundraising Strategy and work plan, with a particular focus on Community Events and Digital Marketing.
- To work towards achieving the fundraising target set by the Fundraising Manager.
- To project manage and oversee events which may involve travel and out of hours work.
- To manage key fundraising events and initiatives assigned by the Fundraising Manager.
- To work with the Fundraising Manager and Fundraising Team on all areas required to achieve the Fundraising Targets
- To contribute to the continued development of Raisers Edge, Website and Social Media within the Fundraising Team
- Such other tasks assigned by the Fundraising Manager.
- At least 2 years previous experience working within an events fundraising role with a proven track record of meeting fundraising targets
- Third level Marketing qualification and /or Digital Marketing qualification an advantage
- Experience of developing fundraising campaigns across different media to include both traditional and digital
- Proven ability to build, manage and develop key stakeholder relationships
- Experience in the area of volunteer recruitment and retention
- Good knowledge and experience of community fundraising and knowledge of charity fundraising in general
- Digital marketing skills to include social media management (Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, YouTube) and digital campaign management
- Strong project management and team-playing skills with an ability to manage multiple projects concurrently
- High class communication and interpersonal skills
- Certificate in Fundraising Practice an advantage but not essential
- To apply, please submit your CV in addition to a cover letter addressed to Gilly Balmer of Balmer Recruitment Ltd. by email to firstname.lastname@example.org by Tuesday 8th August at 5pm