Gilly Balmer Recruitment & Consultancy Services has been retained by Arthritis Ireland to source a suitably qualified and experienced Corporate Partnerships Manager to join their team on a permanent basis.
Corporate Partnerships Manager with Arthritis Ireland
Arthritis Ireland celebrates its’ 34th anniversary this year and is Ireland’s only National Charity dedicated to improving the quality of life for people of all ages with Arthritis. In Ireland approximately 915,000 people, including 1,100 children are living with Arthritis, making it the single biggest cause of disability. The organisation has a staff compliment of 10, with Headquarters in Dublin and is 90% funded by public donations.
Reporting to the CEO, the successful candidate will be responsible for devising and implementing a successful programme of fundraising from the corporate sector to an agreed annual target which will include securing Charity of the Year applications, sponsorship of events and products and general donations whilst working closely with the Communications Manager and Fundraising Manager. The Corporate Partnerships Manager will focus primarily on generating new revenue streams and improving income from some existing programmes.
- Reporting to the CEO, define new and sustainable avenues for income generation. Take responsibility for securing new income from businesses by identifying growth areas and opportunities within the corporate sector.
- Forge long-term, mutually beneficial relationships with corporate supporters, charitable trusts, foundations and high net worth individual and raise funds towards the ongoing work of Arthritis Ireland.
- Monitor CSR/Corporate Responsibility issues in the media and keep up to date with professional fundraising associations and media regarding fundraising tools and skills development.
- Develop professional solicitation proposals and undertake presentations at senior level meetings.
- Manage relationships with Corporates before, during and after receipt of funds and maintain a high level of supporter care.
- Track, analyse and report on fundraising results in the Corporate field and measure and report performance using agreed performance measures.
- Maximise corporate contacts by leveraging the resources of the wider organisation to identify new and optimise existing sources of philanthropic funding.
- Grow and develop the organisation’s online e-store to establish a significant revenue stream.
- Maintain positive relationships with the FR team, the staff and the Board.
- Continually evaluate and analyse fundraising activities and progress.
- Prepare internal reports.
- Champion and ensure fundraising best practice.
- Contribute to the progress and development of the organisation as a whole.
- Proven successful experience in corporate fundraising and generating significant income.
- Proven ability to manage and develop a number of senior and diverse relationships.
- Experience of achieving financial targets and keeping financial records.
- Relevant experience in developing and implementing fundraising strategies with a track record of achievement.
- Excellent understanding of fundraising best practice.
- Proven experience of donor cultivation and engagement across one or preferably more fundraising income streams in a comparably challenging disease area.
- Experience in writing and delivering presentations and speeches to a wide variety of audiences.
- Previous online/digital marketing/e-commerce experience desirable.
- Demonstrable experience in team leadership.
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with a wide variety of stakeholders including donors, colleagues, board members and volunteers.
- Exceptional communication, negotiation, presentation and influencing skills.
- A creative thinker who is quick to respond to opportunities.
- Proven ability to inspire, engage and influence stakeholders.
- Proven ability to influence and lead through strategic thinking.
- Strong analytical, evaluation and organisational skills.
- Attention to detail, diplomacy and team-working skills.
- Proficient IT skills.
- Flexible and adaptable, highly motivated and can work well alone or as part of a team.
- Well presented and displays the ability to empathise.
- Relevant academic / professional qualification advantageous.
- Minimum of two years experience working with health charities or causes.
- Salary is negotiable depending in level of experience and proven track record of success in corporate fundraising.
- Benefits include: pension contribution, private health insurance, and flexible working hours.
Please submit your CV accompanied by a short cover letter by email to email@example.com for review.