Gilly Balmer Recruitment & Consultancy Services has been retained by DCU Educational Trust to source and recruit a suitably qualified Development Manager for their Annual Fund.
DEVELOPMENT MANAGER (ANNUAL FUND)
The DCU Educational Trust is currently seeking to recruit a Development Manager to join their expanding team and manage their Annual Fund. The successful candidate will be responsible for strengthening the Trust’s regular giving programme by developing the existing Annual Fund and Leadership Circle Programme, as well as managing a portfolio of fundraising prospects.
Reporting to the Director of Development and working closely with the other members of the Educational Trust’s team, the Development Manager will work to further the mission and objectives of the University through external funding.
- Devising and implement a regular giving strategy (including telethon) with objectives that will successfully increase individual giving in support of the University’s strategic objectives, with a primary focus on the DCU Access Programme and Sports Scholarships.
- Working closely with the Prospect Research Manager to identify annual giving prospects within the DCU Community
- Project management of the bi/tri-annual Telethon to include the following duties:
- Liaison with Alumni Relations office in the sharing and management of graduate information
- Preparation of correspondence to be sent to graduates of the University in advance of the Telethon
- Advertising and recruitment of students to run the Telethon
- Training students at workshops using role-play etc.
- Telethon logistics and facilities management to include phones, headsets, room set up, catering supplies etc.
- Arranging incentives programmes to encourage and motivate students during the Telethon
- Project timeline management
- Overall management of donations, follow up cards and phone calls, thank you cards etc.
- Working closely with the Director of Operations to identify events and activities that maximise cultivation of annual giving prospects and strengthens long-term relationship with existing donors for example – DCU Community Team, Women’s Innovation Network @ DCU, and other social and sporting network events.
- Participation in and coordination of events relating to the regular giving programme
- Supervising the call room during the telethon (must be available to work evenings/ weekends during the calling campaigns – time off in lieu will be offered)
- Conducting personal solicitations from a portfolio of annual fund donors and prospects, with a focus on fundraising for the DCU Access Programme and Sports Scholarships.
- Working closely with the Communications Manager on the marketing and promotion of events using e-zines, social media (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn) direct mail, online appeals and personal contact to attract members of the DCU community including staff, students, parents and alumni to participate.
- Working closely with the Director of Development and other senior management to ensure coordination with their respective fundraising and support efforts.
- Serving as the primary point of contact between the Educational Trust and the University’s Alumni Relations Office in order to:
- Develop philanthropic engagement amongst the alumni community
- Foster joint activities and maintain strong long lasting relationships.
- Any additional duties as required in order to achieve the mission and objectives of the Trust.
Skills / Qualifications:
- A qualification in Communications, Marketing, PR or Business Development desirable.
- Fundraising/Philanthropic sector work experience
- Excellent writing skills and the ability to communicate sensitively and persuasively
- Excellent verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent organisational capability and proven track record in project management
- Creative and imaginative with the ability to identify potential opportunities
- Experience as a telephone fundraiser or in management of telephone fundraising campaigns
- Event management experience desirable.
- Strong time management skills and the ability to prioritise and manage multiple projects concurrently
- Collaborative team-working style
Salary: €35,000 - €45,000
Annual Leave: 24 days
Contract Term: 2 years with 6 month probationary period
Benefits: After completion of one year continuous employment, option to join the Educational Trust pension and avail of the annual Employee Health Screening Check-Up
To apply, please submit your CV and Cover Letter by email to firstname.lastname@example.org for review.
The DCU Educational Trust is an equal opportunities employer