Balmer Recruitment Ltd. has been retained by Focus Ireland to recruit a suitably qualified Major Gifts Manager within their Fundraising Team on a full-time, permanent basis.
Based in Christchurch, Dublin 8, and reporting to the Partnership & Philanthropy Manager, this role is of strategic importance to the development of the Major Gift strategy in Focus Ireland developing Major Gifts across Corporate and Individual Major giving, working closely with the Partnership & Philanthropy Manager, Fundraising Director and CEO office.
This role requires a strategic focus with major gift or development experience, relationship development skills, and proven project and event management skills.
- Represent and act as an ambassador of Focus Ireland at all times. Working with the Director of Fundraising and Partnership & Philanthropy Manager to develop and implement an ambitious major gift function to ensure transformative funding is achieved.
- Responsibility for the delivery of ambitious fundraising targets as a key member of the Major Gift team.
- To play a key role in Focus Ireland and to lead in improving and developing major gifts learning, experience, culture and techniques within the organisation.
- To work closely with all members of the Fundraising team with a focus on two main constituencies: individual and corporate.
- To work closely with the Strategic Digital and Marketing Manager in relation to content, branding and profile.
- This role will utilise proven research skills and strategic techniques to support all major gifts identification, activity and cultivation of potential major donors and where appropriate to assist in the recruitment of volunteer leaders.
- Drive and manage the cultivation and stewardship of the donor portfolio and to put appropriate systems in place to manage this effectively.
- Conduct research, briefings and major gifts request meetings in conjunction with relevant Focus Ireland leaders, staff and external leaders.
- Ensure high quality, timely and accurate completion of gift acknowledgements, mailings and invitations.
- To manage and roll out major donor cultivation events as required.
- Arrange and represent Focus Ireland at meetings, conferences, events, networking opportunities and seminars as required.
- Experience in project and budget management.
- Development of on-going high quality campaign materials as required.
- Experience in briefing and working with third party agencies / consultants.
- To develop and submit persuasive proposals for philanthropic support.
- To compile and share detailed reports / performance analysis / identify areas for leverage and opportunity.
- To have a thorough working knowledge of all departments in Focus Ireland.
- To have an excellent knowledge of Focus Ireland policies.
- To play an integral role participating as a key member of the Fundraising and Development teams.
- To ensure that all messaging is appropriate to the audience and is promotes excellent person centred care.
- To undertake any work as delegated by the Partnership & Philanthropy Manager.
- To engage in regular one to one sessions with the Partnership & Philanthropy Manager.
- Ability to work as both a key member of a team as well as proactively working alone.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines.
- To participate in relevant training and development courses as agreed with the Director of Fundraising & Marketing.
- To ensure confidentiality on all matters and information obtained during the course of employment.
- To present and act in a professional manner at all times.
- To contribute to the wider strategic development of Focus Ireland.
- To demonstrate creativity, drive, dynamism, commitment, attention to detail and best practice in all activities.
- This role will be based in Christchurch but with requirements for travel and out of hours activities.
- Ensure information systems are maintained and kept up to date as appropriate.
- Ensure compliance of charities regulation, data protection acts, governance and best practice.
- Well experienced in MS Office and CRM software (preferably Microsoft Dynamics).
- To assume responsibility for his/her own professional development and safe work practice.
- To keep abreast of current developments in the NFP sector and health care sectors.
- 5 years relevant experience
- Relevent 3rdlevel qualification
***Please Note - Closing date for applications - Friday 15th June at 12pm***
To apply, please submit your CV and email-cover letter by email to email@example.com for review.