NATIONAL FUNDRAISING DEVELOPMENT MANAGER
Established originally as the Rehabilitation Institute in 1949, Rehab is a Charity that champions the value of diversity and inclusion for people with a disability or disadvantage in their communities. We provide a wide range of services in the areas of health and social care, accommodation support, training, education and employment placement.
Over the past 3 years, Rehab has gone through vast transformational change both organisationally and structurally. Our dynamic new Management Team and Board now look forward to an exciting new phase as we focus our efforts on championing the value of diversity and inclusion for people with a disability or disadvantage, in their communities.
Reporting to the Director of Communications, Public Affairs & Fundraising, The National Fundraising Development Manager will play an integral part in planning and implementing fundraising strategies & campaigns, building a dynamic fundraising team and growing sustainable income streams.
This role requires a strong charismatic person with natural networking skills and the ability to build successful lasting relationships, someone who is adaptable to change and comfortable working under pressure and to tight deadlines.
Key Responsibilities and Duties:
- Work closely with the Director of Communications, Public Affairs and Fundraising to develop and implement the overall fundraising strategy for Ireland that will result in the year on year fundraising targets being achieved (Rehab Group 5 year Strategic Plan).
- Responsible for building a network of voluntary community fundraisers in Ireland to develop a geographical network of fundraising revenue streams (both local & national levels).
- Manage relationships with existing supporters and work closely with the Communications Department to develop relationships with new corporate and individual major donors to attract long-term support in order to maximise incoming donor revenue, as per the Strategic plan.
- Drive current corporate Fundraising initiatives to ensure annual fundraising targets & objectives are met and review existing portfolio of fundraising initiative to identify additional fundraising opportunities.
- Research and identify new opportunities/initiatives to contribute to the Rehab Group Fundraising & Communications Strategy.
- Ensure optimum PR & Marketing opportunities are obtained from all fundraising initiatives in order to gain maximum return for the Rehab Group.
- Lead on the development of both internal and external fundraising communications and advertising to raise awareness of the vision, mission & values of the Rehab Group.
- Maximise on the use of social media to reach and engage new audiences and leverage fundraising activities in order to gain maximum return for Rehab Group.
This is a senior level role, so the successful candidate must be able to demonstrate the following previous experience:
- At least 5 years’ experience in a fundraising role at either local or national level with experience in working to and achieving fundraising targets.
- Significant track record of strategic fundraising (Community, Events, Sponsorship, CSR Account Management), marketing & communications management.
- Experience of management/leadership role including leading a team.
- Experience of managing a substantial budget and a strong understanding of financial planning.
- Experience of use of social media to identify and advance fundraising targets.
- Experience of developing campaigns across different media, including digital and traditional channels.
- Proven ability to build, manage and develop key stakeholder relationships.
- In depth knowledge of and widespread experience of community fundraising and understanding of charity fundraising.
- Marketing training, skills & experience desirable.
- Educated to Degree Level or equivalent relevant experience
Salary will be in the region of €55K + Depending on level of experience and successful track record.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send your CV and Cover Letter (including current remuneration package) by email for the attention of Gilly Balmer to - firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications is Thursday 30th March at 5pm